Two Trips to Castle Neuschwanstein - Jacob and Casey

 We started the day by driving 2 hours south to the town of Füssen, right on the border of Germany and Austria. As we got out of the car, the Neuschwanstein Castle was peeking from high on the hill with the German Alps in the background. We hiked our way to the top, stopping almost every five steps to take in the beautiful view. Eventually, we went inside the castle and saw rooms, including the King’s Throne room, the King’s bedroom, and even the singing hall. Our last stop on this Trip was to the tallest point in all of Germany on the mountain, Zugspitze. We took a cable car starting in Austria, and as we went up, we made it through the clouds (which were only halfway up the mountain) and slowly reached the peak. The view from the top was amazing, and it was even snowing. After trying a special Austrian Soda, we returned to drive home through the Alps. - Casey




Today, I went to see the Cinderella Castle in Neuschwanstein. I enjoyed the hiking and the incredible view of the castles, the lakes, and the city out on the horizon. My favorite part was when we took a cable car up another neighboring mountain, where I could capture this picture. Today, the weather was perfect, and the clouds were clear, so I had a good view of the neighboring Austrian mountains. If I had done anything different, I would have brought better equipment to climb mountains and experience more once-in-a-lifetime views. I hope to return so I can do that and share the experience with friends and family. - Jacob





Comments

Popular Posts