A Trip to the Musical Tarzan! by Stella

 On Friday, my host family and I went to Stuttgart to see a musical production of Tarzan. I had seen it before, and that really seemed to help with understanding what was happening, seeing as the entire musical was translated into German. Despite some difficulties in comprehension due to the language barrier, I had a really good time. The theatre was gorgeous, and the show was even better. Because it was Tarzan, they needed to simulate leaping through the trees with vines, and the cast did this by incorporating aerial tricks with ropes and bungee cords into the songs. On top of that, they made the audience feel like they were in the forest by swinging down from the ceiling into the aisles as part of the choreography. All in all, the show was fantastic, I had a lot of fun, and it was extremely enjoyable to see a traditionally American show be performed so well in German.



Comments

Popular Posts